Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Beautiful Mind

The whole world might laugh at you

But then, just have a beautiful mind,

Your words might fall into deaf ears

your own will never hear any praise,

your skin might never feel a sensual touch

but then, just have a beautiful mind.

When surrounded by deadly foes everyday

Whose souls are darker than the moonless night,

When there is no compassion or kindness

All you need is a beautiful mind.

When your skills are lost in an ocean

And the fireflies of hope barely show the way,

When the rocky seas tear you apart

All you need is a beautiful mind.

When there’s no one to talk with you,

To hold your hand, to share a thought,

When there’s no one who is all yours,

It’s when you should have a beautiful mind.

When the simmering sunshine doesn’t give warmth,

And the silvery moon is too far,

All you need to show the world

Is you still have a beautiful mind.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Get out of my head. It feels like I told you my life story and you put it in a poem. The only difference is is the my parents keep telling me "to be yourself and don't let anyone bring you down. Just show that smile of your and everything will be ok. I really like this poem it makes me feel better about my family problems. Thanks

kumsbal said...

thank you for the comments :)